Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bon voyage

I'm currently sitting at Washington Dulles Airport. There's still over two hours until my flight departs (an hour before I board) but it seems easier to be sitting here waiting than waiting at home or in the car. My life is packed into three bags, and I'm ready to go.

I've already seen a handful of other CIEE students at the gate. My flight from Dulles to Dakar should take about seven hours. I will be arriving at 6 AM - about 1 AM EST - and representatives from the program in Dakar will meet us and take us to the hotel we'll be staying in until we meet our host families, La Citronelle. I am hoping - fingers crossed - that here I will have some internet access to update everyone on what is going on.

For now, however, I wait and prepare to board. Africa, here I come!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! An Abbey-blog! I am sure Todd will check every day for updates, so you better update frequently. I don't want to hear him complain that he hasn't had any new postings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the next post - sounds like you were using your time at the airport well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you borrow our tagine to take this photo :) The one at the bottom left looks pretty much exactly like it.

    ReplyDelete